A Date for your diary
No Use Empty are proud to support the 2016 National Empty Homes Conference of Tuesday, 24th May, 2016.
The Conference, organised by the Empty Homes Network, will be held at Maple House in Birmingham.
Guest speakers will include:
- Helen Williams, Chief Executive of the Empty Homes Agency, will explore the issues and opportunities facing us following the 2015 election, with empty homes no longer figuring as an explicit part of the official programme of government. She’ll also respond to issues raised by delegates.
- Andrew Lavender will again offer his ever-popular Practitioner Surgery where he is guaranteed to be able to answer case queries around enforcement, loans, grants, and, come to think of it, just about anything you care to mention. To meet popular demand, we’re expecting two surgeries this year.
- Harvey Ellingham of Home Improvement Guarantee will describe how this innovative scheme can help overcome the fears of reluctant empty home owners who need to deal with builders in order to get repairs done.
- Steve Grimshaw of Kent County Council will give us the latest information about the Kent No Use Empty initiative, which celebrated its 10th anniversay last year. He’ll pay particular attention to the key lessons of the loans scheme and the delivery of affordable housing via HCA grant funding.
- 09.00 to 10.00 – Registration and refreshments
- 10.00 to 13.00 – Morning session
- 13.00 to 13.50 – Lunch
- 13.50 to 16.45 – Afternoon session